Saturday, July 2, 2011

News about news, and other news...

All right, like I said in the last post...



...I'd be getting more into how I'd be streamlining the blog for the next phase...

Well, Dicky-Pedia III squared away that I want to change "Postcards From Podsville", into "Shrieks from the wall".

"Shrieks...", will be my negative news section.

All the big shitty events, like BP Oil spills, and wars, and collapses, and all that vile scunge.

Podsville didn't set out to be that, but it kinda became that...

I...I dunno, had some idea of doing it in a detached way like a nature reporter from another planet, and in some weird alternate lingo that would evolve, but...it was too ambitious, and alienating if it had worked.

It ended up being a Pharyngula style bitch-session anyway...

...cept by a sloppy dumb guy like me.

So, I got that whole "language", thing out of the way, and it all boiled down to the new title anyway, and it's going to be the bad-news section anyway.

Also...Podsville became a rant section, and I didn't set out for it to be, so, rants are going to go back to being just rants, and probably cultural criticism too.

And snark.

So....what I need to counter-balance the bad-news, is good news, and something to call it...

I'll sort that out in the next post after this....

Then, every now and then, I'll slap all these news events, good and bad, into Yearbook.

So, that streamlines things down to news, Yearbook, and then stories/comics, rants, and biography stuff.

Which is all more on target with my original vision.

And then, there's DR. Herbert.
More on him later too...

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels