Saturday, January 24, 2009

A quickie rant on Republican homophobia.

Ranted this on the RD.net forums awhile ago, like, before the elections, roundabout the time Hillary was still battling Obama, and just a little bit after Palin showed up.

I was going to throw it up here back then, but I lost track of shit for awhile.

I was going to doctor it up a bit, but I think it holds up on its own.

Oh, and "DP", isn't double penetration, it's a poster called DarwinsPitbill.
Although, after awhile, I took to calling him Double Penetration for a larf.

Anyway, homophobia is fuckin' dumb.


Homophobia is a common feature of masculinity worship.

And masculinity worship is a common feature of conservatism.

Now, first, I don't see how homophobia necessarily follows masculinity worship, or why masculinity worship necessarily follows conservatism.

I mean, I see how they CAN and DO, boy, DO they, but I don't see why it's NECESSARY.

Now, not all conservatives are like this.

But all the stupid ones are.

And not all the ones like this are necessarily stupid in the dunce cap and drooling sense.
But they've sure got some cognitive dissonance going on.

I mean, conservatism is just supposed to mean smaller government, right?

And that one of the few if only functions of a government, should be defense.

Well, if government is a necessary evil, then its functions, including the military, it logically follows, should be a necessary evil.

So whence does the military worship come from?

And when we get into the whole military thing,..wasn't there a regiment in the Roman times that was all gay lovers that was feared and respected?

So whence does the homophobia come from?

And how did it become a key ingredient of masculinity worship?

And how did all this bullshit get entwined with conservatism?

Someone somewhere injected stupid into the right wing.

I bet if you trace it back, it comes from some asshole.
And I betcha dollars to donuts that asshole wasn't much brighter than DP.

And I bet their agenda had nothing to do with homophobia, or masculinity, or even a shred of respect for the military.
Probably had to do with controlling people just a little bit more.
Business as usual.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels