Saturday, March 30, 2024

Fantasy flicks fixed.


A glitch wiped out the graphics in just that post, so I reconstructed everything.


The real pain was combing through all the other posts the graphics were linked to.
But, I zapped it all.
Pretty sure, anyway.

About 99% sure it was a glitch, and not a hack; a human being would have wrought more damage than one stupid post, and wouldn't have just zapped the graphics.

I think what happened is this: back in the 2010's when I was writing all that old shit (daaaamn) the old graphics uploader would pinch off a new graphics folder when you hit a certain number of files.
Well, there was a hiccup/fart, and the graphics for "Fantasy flicks" got their own little baby folder, and then a fresh one started before that POST was even done, and started with Willow, then the folders were big again after that.
Fast-forward to the 2020's, and Google/blogger decided to reshuffle everything, and brain transplant everyone's graphics to a new service with an automated script.
The script actually did a good job, and saved 99% of of my shit.
But that little baby folder that got created by a sputter-fart got chopped off.
If I remember right, all the other folders had an identical filename, save the fart-folder that had its creation date as a name.
The 2020's script didn't like that. I think the 2010's glitch/fart was trying to make new folders be their creation date, but the programmer changed their mind at the last minute, and made it the blog name again instead.
I happened to be blogging like a sonovabitch that day, and got caught in the stammer of indecision.
And then "Fantasy flicks" finally got caught between the two glitches.
Anyway! Re-uploading everything fixed it, and I think it even looks better.

So, that's that.
Such are the weird little gremlins that creep in when you've blogged way too fucking long.
Fuck it, I like blogging. *Shrugs*


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels