Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Marvel & Sony split. (MM #129)


-or-

Spidey-verse #4.

Yhep, I was debating on what topics to do next, and then this news landed.





So, I was totally wrong about "Far From Home", making a billion automatically re-sealing the deal.
But, that ain't my fault, the "anonymous sources", in the media got that wrong for me.

No, the grosses of FFH only got Sony & Marvel to the negotiating table.
It all fell apart at the negotiation stage.

Marvel wanted to keep more of the grosses from the Tom Holland movies, cuz they were doing all the fucking work, and Sony told 'em to go fuck themselves, cuz they liked keeping it all just fine.

So, up top, there's the 5 that Marvel got to make with Spidey in 'em.
Enjoy 'em, cuz that's it.

Sources are saying Sony still has the rights to make at least 2 more Tom Holland Spider-Man films, they just won't be referencing the MCU, and Kevin Feige won't be helping them anymore.

SO, this actually takes me aaaaalll the way back to my original "if the Sony deal is ending", theories.
Cuz it is.

BUT, I also have to layer in my revised theories for how FFH left things.

Lots of possibilities for integrating Tom Holland into the Sony-verse.

Zero possibilities for Spidey showing up in the ultimate uber Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four crossover. 
That's the part that really chaps my ass. :-(

So close.
So goddamned close.
Ripped right out of my grasp.

Anyway, there's that.....


Previously with Spidey-verse-

Previously with MM-


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels