Friday, June 7, 2019

Big 2019 Movies Part 8.


19 years of adventure culminates with....


Dark Phoenix (2019)


Previously with the X-Men franchise...

Rundown.
  • I dug it.
  • It made me realize, damn, I'm gonna miss this series. I had this iteration of the characters for almost 20 years, and I've grown to love them, and I didn't really know it until it was time for it to end.
  • Is it among the best of the X-films? No.
  • Is it among the worst? Oh, fuck no. On that score, the negative critics can go fuck off.
  • I'd say, not as good as "Future Past", definitely better than "Apocalypse".
  • Leaps and bounds better than "The Last Stand".
  • Hans Zimmer does the score, and it's magnificent.
  • It leaves you with a twinge of sadness, cuz they leave a teensy tease for a possible sequel, and there's never gonna be one. But you can fill it in with your imagination that things eventually synced up to the happy ending future in "Future Past".
  • I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.
  • I have nitpicks, but I'll save them for the eventual spoiler review. 
  • Worth seeing. It's entertaining, it reminds you why you love these characters, and it being the last one before the reboot  is a special occasion.

*Salutes*
You were a good little movie series, Fox-X-Men.
You had your ups and downs, your highs and lows, but overall, you entertained, and what's more, we wouldn't have the Golden Age Of Superheroes without you, and that includes the MCU.

In spite of the temporary Rotten Tomatoes crap, fans will remember the positive legacy.

Bravo, Fox-Men.


In...phew, damn, a month and three days, Spider-Man: Far From Home


1 comment:

Diacanu said...



Whoops!
Forgot...

Minor spoiler-

Dazzler shows up!
About goddamned time!

Her history here....

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-weird-and-wild-history-of-dazzler



Blog Archive

Labels