Monday, June 11, 2018

The blog in review part 3: Part 6.5, Krazyfool.


And another week goes by.
Gotta! Get! These! DONE!!!!

And we take a brief stop off at...


Krazyfool's Den Of Delusion

The original iteration of Shmegalamonga.

Back in the crummy old HTML builder and FTP upload days

I did the basic tour before here....

Krazyfool's Den Of Delusion!!!

And updated about the archive version here...

Krazyfool's Den Of Delusion! (Reborn!)

But, it's been 9 years, so let's look at it through my 42 year old eyes...


The index/entry page!

Ah, yeah, Old Navy lady, she's dead now.

Kool-Aid Man, I still use him for an avatar sometimes.

Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange for no apparent reason.

And, a Tranya joke from Star Trek that used to be obscure, and now is memed into oblivion like everything else geek pop culture these days.

I assure you, back in the day, this was hip shit.

Then we come to....

Krazyfool's
Den of Delusion!!!

The main page.
Within that is....

Writings and ramblings!

Looking through...

....I'd have to say these are the greatest hits.

The rest is boring OCD/on-the-spectrum geek rambling, or me trying too hard to be "wacky".

Next up is....

Krazyfool's art page.

Linked all the backed up graphics in the original '09 tour.

But, of it all, I'd say the only thing that really stands up is the Freddy-Jason fanart.
And the fop. I still think the fop is funny.

As with the writing, the Star Wars wallpapers are boring geek compulsion, and the other stuff was "look at me, I'm wacky!!".

But, that's just my own grouchy opinion.
You can click the link above, and decide for yourself.

Then there's...

Media Section.

Holy shit, everything else is dead as a door-nail, but  the Vector Prime ad still works!!

I captured that on my crappy little TV capture card on my old Windows '95 PC, and I was quite proud of myself.
Even got it submitted to one of the big Star Wars sites.

I bet Youtube has a cleaner copy...*Googles*

Oh, holy shit!!! It's MY COPY!!!!

The only one up for posterity is mine!!!
Hahahahaaa!!!!

WOW!!

Well....at least if nothing else, I have that little spark of immortality...

Next...


Winamp skins

A dead obsolete art form for a dead obsolete app.
:-(


Next to last....

Links

Hmm...with the exception of IMDB, and Dark Horizons, I don't go to any of this shit anymore.
Most of it's probably dead anyway.
Explore it if ya want, I don't wanna.

And finally...


Krazyfool's Nook of Discussion  

Dead. :-(

Tapatalk bought Network 54, and killed all the boards.
Fuck you, Tapatalk.
Fuck you all the way to Hell.


And that's the tour of my first try, back when I was 24.
Not too shabby for my young pup self with limited computer experience.
Could've done worse.
Remembering some crappy cringe-y pages I read back then, I did pretty goddamned good.
Few did much better.


I'll retro link this in comments to the 19th Krazyfool anniversary to remind me to post it in the 20th.

And, I'll also retro-link it in Biography and Links.

Aaaand, that should do it!


Next up, Links.


3 comments:

B. D. said...

For approximately one month in....I don't know, 2000? I obsessively OCD-autism-collected WinAmp skins. I collected like 300 of 'em. My favorite was that alien green one.

Tranya - Hah, I get that one now too! That was one of the best episodes!! Ron Howard's brother is still fugly. Which reminds me, new Arrested Development, gotta see that sheeeit sometimes.

Your list of links: oh God I hung out at Metroid DataBase and Castelvania Dungeon so much. I remember Operation Clambake too, geez those guys should be heroes by now. I guess MDB is probably still up, but I've heard actually that the Metroid series is currently undergoing some sort of long hiatus because of...what was it? The cut scenes in the last game? Apparently they ruined things, like five times worse than that annoying owl in N64 Zelda? Something like that. And I've heard the Metroid series does terribly in Japan.

Diacanu said...


Oh, I'm sure I had at least a couple hundred of them at one point.
One of my computers got wiped out, and starting from scratch, I could never remember where they all were again.
The ones I have posted were the best-of-the-best-of-the-best.
I used to have way more.

Diacanu said...



There was this purple Romulans one (from Trek yes) that was just right.
The color scheme, the button positions, it was perfect.
So naturally, that's the one that's vanished from Google forever.

Blog Archive

Labels